Code of conductUpdated Friday July 29, 2016 by Steve Haar.
Any conduct, including abusive language and/or gestures, racially insensitive remarks, damage to property or
belongings, or any other conduct that reflects poorly on yourself or the WALA is unacceptable and will not be
tolerated. This rule applies to all players, parents, siblings and guests at all times when in or around any WALA
Lacrosse games, practices, and/or functions.
During a tournament or game when you are away, you represent your team, your community, and the game of
lacrosse. Any conduct unbecoming or any other conduct that reflects poorly on yourself or the WALA will not be
tolerated. This rule applies for the entire time one is away for a game or tournament.
The Board of Directors of the WALA will address unacceptable conduct at its sole discretion, imposing warnings,
suspension or expulsion, as the Board deems appropriate. ANY SUSPENSION OR EXPULSION BASED ON
VIOLATIONS OF THE CODE OF CONDUCT WILL NOT BE ACCOMPANIED BY A FEE OR PAYMENT REFUND.
1. A coach is a role model, who must act with the highest moral character possible.
2. Coaches must reinforce the self-image of each player. A coach must be positive and constructive.
3. Respect the game of lacrosse. Respect the officials.
4. Know & teach the rules of lacrosse. Abide by those rules in practices and games.
5. Establish objectives for the team and players and inform them of team and individual goals.
6. Teach and practice good sportsmanship at all games and practices.
7. Be modest in victory and gracious in defeat.
1. Respect your teammates, coaches, referees and opponents at all times.
2. Give 100% effort at each practice and game.
3. Know the rules of the game of lacrosse and abide by them.
4. Support and encourage your teammates. Set a positive example.
5. Wear the required equipment at all games and practices, and keep your equipment well maintained.
6. Display good sportsmanship at all times on and off the field.
7. Be modest in victory and gracious in defeat
High School Players
1. Players will abide but the WTHS code of conduct as written in the WTHS Student Handbook. In addition to
consequence outlined in the WTHS Student Handbook, violations may result in players being deemed
ineligible to play for all or any portion of the season by the coaching staff or the WALA Board at their
2. Players failing to meet academic standards as set by WTHS or WALA coaching staff will result in players
being deemed ineligible to play until the player meets the academic standards.
1. Teach and practice good sportsmanship at all games and practices. You are role models!
2. Know the rules of the game of lacrosse.
3. Respect the game of lacrosse. Respect the officials. Respect the coaches, who are volunteers.
4. Do not coach your child. Let players play and coaches coach, and support both positively.
5. Do not EVER criticize other players irrespective of the circumstances.
6. The referees are only to be approached and spoken to by the head coaches of each team. Please respect
the coaches and officials by allowing them to handle all game circumstances.
7. Follow the "24 Hour Rule"; if you have a complaint resulting from a game (or practice) situation, speak with
the coach or appropriate organization member on the following day.
8. If there is a serious problem, notify either the Director WALA youth lacrosse or the President of WALA.